clanak

Initial conference of the cross-border cooperation project for setting up a digital innovative hub held

The initial conference of the project ‘Development trough digital innovative hubs in Gradiška, Daruvar, Lipik and Kotor’ (‘Development through DIHs’) was held on 22nd October. However, the conference was held online due to the current situation and preventive measures.

The Town of Lipik is participating as a project partner, alongside the Town of Daruvar, the Kotor Municipality (Montenegro) and the City of Gradiška (Bosnia and Herzegovina), which is the lead partner.

The project is co-financed by the cross-border cooperation programme INTERREG IPA CBC-HR-BA-ME and its total value is EUR 1,487,795.35. The EU is co-financing 85 % of the project and the partners the remaining 15 %. The project budget for the Town of Lipik is EUR 502,563.87.

As for the timeline, the implementation of the project began on 1 August 2020 and it will last until 31 July 2022. Four digital innovative hubs will be set up as part of the project, one for each partner.

As part of the project implementation, the Town of Lipik will set up a digital innovative hub on the first floor of the building of the NK Lipik 1925 football club. An area of about 200 m2 will be renovated, creating a working area, an active and a quiet zone, a conference room and an education room. The project also includes the procurement of the required technology, software and information technology equipment, as well as the organisation of training courses on programming mobile applications, 3D design and working in Fusion 360 software.

General information about the project were presented during the conference, which was followed by addresses of project partner representatives – Vanda Cegledi, Deputy Mayor of Daruvar, Željko Aprcović, Head of the Kotor Municipality, Danijela Miletić, Head of the Division for development and international projects of the City of Gradiška, and finally Vinko Kasana, Mayor of Lipik.

Mayor Kasana used the opportunity to emphasise his belief that the project will be fully implemented to the mutual satisfaction of all participants, just like all previous cross-border projects in which Lipik participated. He also stressed that the Town of Lipik is ready to provide all the resources required and he voiced his hope that the epidemiological situation will stabilise and allow cooperation using normal communication, and not just virtual communication.

Tags: No tags

Comments are closed.